Multicultural Arts Victoria and the Immigration Museum are partnering to present Generations, a multi-generational, multidisciplinary platform for artists from migrant, refugee and asylum seekers backgrounds to engage in public discourse around multiculturalism and migration.
This is a call out for creative ideas that highlight our migration stories in creative new ways and in order to signpost new ways of belonging.
All genres are welcome and creative exploration of intersectional, intercultural and intergenerational narratives is encouraged. We welcome ideas that incorporate multiple elements and artforms and utilise spaces in innovative ways.
Details of available spaces include:
- a 6 x 4 metre covered stage in an outdoor Courtyard setting with audience capacity of 1,000
- an indoor Theatrette with audience capacity for 100 people
- an indoor first floor Long Room with audience capacity for 250 people
- smaller indoor spaces with audience capacity for 20 – 40 people
For the submission to be considered, the project outcome must take place at the Immigration Museum on Saturday 26 October 2019.
If successful, we can provide the following support:
- marketing and publicity
- production assistance
- financial support up to $2,000
Submission deadline is 5pm, Monday 2 September 2019
Photo credit: Emerge in the West 2017. Photo by Damian W Vincenzi.