Project ReWIRE is a unique new artist development program that has been designed for professional mid-career musicians, singers and songwriters from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
It is for Victorian based artists who want to make a living from their music but still find themselves on the fringe of the industry in Australia, who face challenges in navigating the digital realm and the business of music, and who want to find or redefine their identity and niche.
The program will accommodate up to 15 mid-career artists with opportunities to better understand and connect with the Victorian music industry and explore ways to operate more effectively and strategically. Most importantly, it will empower participating artists to create their own tailored artist development plan and strategies to achieve their goals.
The program will be delivered in 4 parts:
- artist self assessment, August – September
- 2-day intensive incubator camp, October 11-13
- music industry speed dating day, October 26
- tailored mentoring with up to 4 hours of contact, November
To be eligible applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- identify as being from culturally or linguistically diverse background
- be living in Victoria with a current verifiable Victorian address
- identify as being a mid-career artist who has been professionally practicing for at least 7 years and not more than 20 years
- be able to demonstrate outstanding talent and recognition in their artform
- be able to demonstrate a body of work and track record of public presentation
- be able to commit to all four project components listed above
- be willing to share knowledge, ideas and experience with other participants
To apply for the program please fill in the form below. Expressions of interest will close at 5pm on Monday 22 July 2019.
Late submissions will not be accepted.
Further enquiries to be directed to Anita Larkin, email@example.com