- This event has passed.
Once Upon A Tree
April 15, 2019 - October 10, 2019Free
Stories of humanity told by trees.
Self guided soundwalk to experience in Rosalind Park at your leisure.
Experience tales of connection and dislocation, growth and survival along with observations of the Rosalind park for over 150 years, all set in a world where humans and trees live harmoniously side by side.
- Grab your smartphone and headphones and take a spell from busy life with a stroll through the greenery of Rosalind Park.
- Download the map here to find eight selected trees around the park.
- Listen on your own device to the soundtracks below of stories told by diverse locals from the perspective of the tree
This experience requires internet access to take the self guided soundwalk and is available 24 hours.
Venue: Rosalind Park Bendigo enter via Bull St footbridge
A Multicultural Arts Victoria Emerge Culture Hub Bendigo project.
Concept originated by Mitch Boney with a group of First Peoples at an Emerge Gathering.
Sound Artist: Rose Turtle Ertler
Creative Producer: Forest Keegel
We pay respects to the living culture of the Dja Dja Wurrung on whose land this project occurs and their Elders past, present and emerging.
1. TIMBUL SILITONGA
2. AUNTY GABBY GAMBLE
3. HYRA USMAN
4. REBECCA PHILLIPS & MITCH BONEY
5. PO TU TU
6. AKHILA & MALITHI FERNANDO
7. FATIMA QURBANI
8. DABORA DOUT